J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around... and this week's pick is BG5.
Here are five things you need to know about BG5, whose debut album drops in 2011!
1. The Beach Girl5, aka BG5, used to be known as The Beach Girlz. The group consists of Brooke Adams, Dominique Domingo, Noreen Juliano, Mandy Jiroux, and Laura New. The girls were hired to be the entertainment on the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour (that's where the beach in their name comes from), and they decided to stay together after that job ended.
2. BG5's current single is "Scratch," which the girls say really fits them perfectly. "We love dancing and we live to perform, so when we perform that song, it's just a reflection of our chemistry as a group -- high energy and fun," Dominique says. "When you hear the beat drop, you just wanna start dancing!"
3. The girls have already gotten comparisons to girl groups like Danity Kane, but they tell J-14 that they're definitely different. "We all sing and we all have parts, so there's not just one lead singer," Brooke explains. "And we all have our different genres and styles that we like, so one song's going to fit perfect for one person and another song fits perfectly for another person, and it keeps the whole record really fresh and interesting," Brooke explains. Plus, Mandy says they all genuinely like each other! "Behind closed doors, we're sisters, we're friends, and we love each other so much," she says. "It's us against the world."
4. BG5 is co-managed by Kardashian mon Kris Jenner, and the group has appeared on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The girls say the house is just like it seems on TV -- loud! ""There's always people coming in and out," Laura says. "Rob's like, "Hi, Mom!" and he comes in the kitchen and then he's gone, and then the two younger girls come in. We actually hung out with Kendall and Kylie a lot, jumped on the trampoline with them and had a bunch of fun. They're a very fun family and very tight-knit."
5. The girls are big fans of some cute male musicians -- Mandy is dating Stereo Skyline's Brian Maddox, while Dominique is crushing on Drake, Laura's into Justin Timberlake, and Brooke's all about bad boy John Mayer!
Tell us what you think about BG5!