Here are five things you need to know about Brother, whose debut album will be out this July.
1. Brother is made up of four guys from Slough, UK -- Leonard Newell on vocals and guitar, Josh Ward on bass, Samuel Jackson on guitars, and Frank Colucci on drums. And yes, their British accents are as cute as they are.
2. Their first single, "Darling Buds of May" isn't their only song that refers to a particular time. They've also got a track called "New Year's Day" -- plus one called "Time Machine."
3. When the band visited New York City during their tour, they picked up on some of the cultural differences. "We are all safe and well and exploring NY. We have noticed that here they have 'shops', 'resteraunts' and also 'people'," they Tweeted.
4. Brother's debut album is called Famous First Words -- and will come out on the Fourth of July (yes, even though they aren't American). British fans can preorder it by clicking here now.
5. The band played at the prestigious SXSW Music Festival earlier this year and will tour with former Smiths frontman Morrissey this June. They also played at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ -- the legendary venue best known for Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" music video. J-14 Magazine was lucky enough to check out the show... here's a clip:
Check out Brother's "Darling Buds of May" music video here:
Tell us what you think about Brother!
Photo: Courtesy of Adam Weathereley/Interscope