J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around... and this week's pick is Jenny & Ashley!
Here are five things you need to know about Jenny & Ashley whose EP Songs About You is out now!
1. Jenny and Ashley Cooke are two sisters from Wisconsin who moved to L.A. with big dreams as kids. Both got their start doing commercials for Nickelodeon and Disney before deciding to try out a music career. They performed as solo artists for a couple of years before joining forces and becoming teen country pop duo Jenny & Ashley.
2. Some of this duo's musical inspirations include country-pop performers Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. "They've all been able to pave the way for young artists, like us, to write-perform music in the mixes genre," Jenny says. "We love the hometown-positive feel of country music, but we definitely relate to the pop beat!"
3. Though like all sisters they have their disagreements, at the end of the day they're best friends whom support one another musically as well as being there for one another. "It has brought us so close together as well, which brings each others confidence level up as well because we always have that best friend at home," Jenny tells J-14. Ashley adds, "It's really cool to have each other on the road and stuff...like somebody who actually understands it as well."
4. Ashley wrote the song "Indescribable" about a past crush like one of their country peers and idols, Taylor Swift. "She's pretty bold to use names, I've done it before in like a song before about a guy and it may be nice may be not and they'll never know," Jenny tells J-14. "I mean obviously they could feel it out because it's our story."
5. Their latest music video for "Indescribable" was filmed during their Camplified tour where they visited over fifty camps and performed and met campers ages 6-17. "Before we went on stage at the camps, we got to spend all day hanging out with the campers," Jenny says. "We made so many friends, and that made the concert at night just a big party! It was really a rewarding experience, and we really hope we get to do it again."
Check out their music video for their single "Indescribable" and let us know what you think!
Photo: Leigh Weingus