J-14 is scouting out the hottest bands around... and this week's pick is All Time Low!
Here are five things you need to know about All Time Low, whose gearing up for a U.K. tour next month.
1. Pop-punk band All Time Low is hardly new to the music scene. This past summer, vocalist and guitarist Alex Gaskarth, guitarist Jack Barakat, drummer Rian Dawson, and bassist Zack Merrick released their fourth studio album called Dirty Work. What does the latest album mean to Alex? "There's also [a lot] about reaching a point in my life, personally, where things were starting to be torn apart, relationship-wise, and not having the time to be with certain people," he explains. "And a lot of that's reflected in the album, feeling as though I was an island stuck in the middle of an ocean."
2. All Time Low has definitely evolved through the years from their earlier albums The Party Scene and So Wrong, It's Right, but they've made it clear that they haven't abandoned their roots. "We're going to stray off a little bit because we are getting older and more mature, but we are All Time Low. A pop-punk band. We're always going to have aspects in our music we grew up on like Blink 182 and Green Day," Jack says. "We were 18 and 19 years old when we wrote So Wrong, It's Right. Now that we are 22 and 23 writing this record, a lot happens in those years. You have to grow your fan base because they are getting older just like us."
3. When it comes to life on the road, these guys love pulling a good prank or two. "Me, Jack, and Gabe [Saporta] from Cobra [Starship] stripped down to our skivvies and went and stood out on stage for [Fall Out Boy's] songs just to make things just as awkward as possible for them for the last show," Alex tells J-14.
4. "Guts" is a track off Dirty Work that's most personal to Alex. "I love all of the songs but I'd say "Guts" is my favorite," He says. "It's a really personal song lyrically and it was very cool to have Maja from The Sounds on it."
5. All Time Low just released the music video for their latest single, "Time-Bomb." Does the leading lady look familiar? That's because it's Malese Jow, most recently seen as Anna on The CW's The Vampire Diaries.
Check out the music video for "Time-Bomb" below and let us know what you think!
Courtesy of Universal