J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around and this week's pick is pop-rock band The Cab.
Here are five things you need to know about The Cab, whose currently gearing up to tour overseas this Spring!
1. Pop-rock band The Cab are no strangers to the music scene. They released their first album Whisper War in 2008 and quickly made a name for themselves. With a long list of lineup changes, founding member lead vocalist Alexander DeLeon, pianist and guitarist Alex Marshall, and bassist Joey Thunder now make up this American rock band.
2. The sophomore album Symphony Soldier was released last year to rave reviews. "We have love songs, a lot of life songs, it pretty much sums up what we've been through over the past two years," Alex Marshall tells J-14 about their latest album. "It was a crazy battle that we had to beat to get the record out."
3. "Lovesick Fool" is Alex's favorite song off the album, one that he feels the biggest personal connection to. "Myself and Alex [DeLeon] were writing it," he says. "We were both going through the same thing with a relationship and it just speaks to me."
4. The Cab just finished their co-headlining tour across the U.S. with their best friends The Summer Set, whom they had a great time pranking on the road. "It never ends," Alex tells J-14, "Brian [Dale's] a prankster, so we're always planning the next attack on each other."
5. Their first single "Bad" off their latest album they co-wrote with their good friend Martin Johnson from Boys Like Girls. "Working with your friends on a song like that it's cool because it's not like work. We were playing acoustic guitar and we just wrote it and it was effortless," Alex tells us. "It works like that when you're working with friends, you're not making it a job."
Check out The Cab's first single "Bad" off Symphony Soldier and let us know what you think!
Courtesy of The Cab