J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around... and this week's pick is Olly Murs!
1. English singer-songwriter Olly Murs first broke on to the music scene when he became the runner-up on the sixth series of 'The X Factor' in the UK. It didn't take him long to take over the UK and now, he's set for his US debut release this fall! "I think to come to America is a massive thing for any artist, so I think if I got a number one album in America, that would be a crazy moment," Olly tells J-14.
2. Not only does he have the pipes, but he's also working on improving his instrument playing. "I can play a bit of guitar, and I've just bought a grand piano so definitely want to get some lessons this year," he says. "I have co-written the majority of all my songs on both my albums and love getting involved in the writing process."
3. Some of Olly's musical inspirations consist of James Brown, Michael Buble, and even Justin Timberlake. "All of them are great entertainers and great performers and they're also great singers," Olly tells J-14. "The way they hold the stage and perform is amazing."
4. Olly is about to take the US by storm on tour with his friends One Direction, starting this week. "They're working really hard and I'm working really hard," he tells J-14. "We're really ready to have a good time, like lads on tour kind of thing, you know?"
5. Where does Olly hope to be five years from now? "I would like to think that I would still be doing what I'm doing: releasing songs and touring. I would love to have traveled internationally and hopefully have a girlfriend!" he says.