J-14 is scouting out the hottest bands around... and this week's pick is Sleeping with Sirens.
Here are five things you need to know about Sleeping with Sirens whose acoustic album 'If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack' is out tomorrow!
1. Formed back in 2009, Grand Rapids, Michigan's Sleeping with Sirens consists of vocalist Kellin Quinn, guitarists Jesse Lawson and Jack Fowler, drummer Gabe Barham, and bassist Justin Hills. How have they evolved throughout the years? "I would say we just started playing the music we wanted to play and stopped worrying about what everyone else thought," Kellin tells J-14. "We try and mature with each album and let our music speak for it self."
2. The rock band pulls influences from a range of sounds including the Foo Fighters, Incubus, Ryan Adams, Jay-Z, and The Black Keys.
3. With two full-length albums under their belt, tomorrow their acoustic third album, 'If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack', will be released. "We did the acoustic album for our fans. There were so many acoustic videos floating around YouTube and we wanted to give kids something to listen to while they were winding down at night," Kellin says. "We have the in your face heavy side and a softer side. We like to show both."
4. One of the songs featured on their new album is "Scene Five - With Ears To See and Eyes To Hear". Check it out exclusively here! "The song is about fake friends and lies, over coming and living with the idea that all that matters is what 'you' make of your life," Kellin says. "Everyone else is secondary."
5. 2012 is sure to be a busy year for Sleeping with Sirens while they continue to work on new music and tour across the U.S. this summer on the Vans Warped Tour. "[We're most looking forward to] hanging out with all our friends, and playing to new audiences," Kellin tells J-14 about their Warped plans.
Check out their cover of "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls and let us know what you think!
Photo: Big Picture Media