Five teen girls have been named to the 2012 Summer Olympics U.S. women's gymnastics team -- historically one of the best teams in the world! Here are the top five things you should know about Kyla Ross,15, before the Olympics start tonight, July 27.
1. Kyla Ross was born on October 24, 1996, in Honolulu, HI. Not unlike the other female gymnasts competing this year, Kyla started gymnastics at three years old because she had so much energy. "I used to always climb on my couch," she says. Her mom also says she was walking across the monkey bars and hanging by herself at an early age, and she even broke her arm!
2. She is a two-time U.S. junior champion and was nicknamed "Mighty Mouse" by one of her junior vault coaches.
3. In Kyla's senior international debut at the Pacific Rim Championships, she finished second in the all-around competition next to teammate, Jordyn Wieber. Two weeks later, she won the all-around gold at an event in Italy defeating Aly Raisman and McKayla Maroney.
4. Her father is a former Triple-A baseball player in the Atlanta Braves organization, so he offers her tons of advice on the mental aspect of sports. He helps her "handle the stress emotionally and physically," she says.
5. Kyla loves to watch 'Modern Family' and 'The Hunger Games' and is a huge fan of Rihanna!
Be sure to keep an eye out for Kyla Ross -- the gymnastics events start July 28 on NBC!
Which gymnast will you be rooting for?
Photos courtesy of Mitchell Haaseth/NBC Olympics.