J-14 is scouting out the hottest bands around... and this week's pick is the Jacob Jeffries Band!
Here are five things you need to know about Jacob Jeffries Band whose latest studio album Tell Me Secrets is out now!
1. Florida's pop rockers, the Jacob Jeffries Band consists of keys and vocalist Jacob Jeffries, guitarist Jimmy Powers, and drummer Eric Jackowitz. Jacob and Jimmy go way back, haven met in high school and formed the dynamic duo. "He was an unbelievable hot-shot guitar player with tons of attention and I could play piano, write songs, and sing the blues," Jacob tells J-14 about Jimmy. "We were a perfect pair." Eric joined the two after meeting them while teaching at a summer camp.
2. Best described as 'indie-pop songs', the group tells stories that Jacob hopes will make you sing along. This spring, they released their fourth studio album Tell Me Secrets which is all about relationships. "Girlfriend, Ex-girlfriends, sister, mother, father...everything!," Jacob tells J-14. "We, as people, are constantly creating and destroying relationships with each other, or with ourselves even. Tell Me Secrets was written from experiences that we all know."
3. Their latest single is a track that nearly everyone can relate to called "Suffocate My Heart", which is all about a crush. "[It's about] that feeling you get when you are skipping gleefully into brand new amazing relationship-land with someone special," he explains.
4. With plans to tour the northeast this fall and continuously writing, the band has a lot of their plate for 2012. This summer, Jacob is even writing a brand new musical with a group of students in a summer theater program in South Florida. "This is what I like to do every summer," he tells J-14. "It is an exhausting challenge, but so incredibly rewarding - a real breath of fresh air."
5. The band recently released their cover of Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend". "He is cool," Jacob says. "We kind of just did the song because it is a really solid song and we wanted to put our own spin on it."
Check out their cover video of Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" below and let us know what you think!
Photo: Courtesy of Big Picture Media/Jacob Jeffries Band