J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around... and this week's pick is BoyEpic
Here are five things you need to know about BoyEpic whose first single "Too Young To Love" is out now!
1. Dallas, TX, native BoyEpic has always been interested in a life committed to music. Growing up listening to 80's music and artists such as David Bowie, Journey, U2, The Cure and The Rolling Stones, the older he got, the more he fell in love with it. "I couldn't shake that I kept writing melodies and lyrics in my head all the time," he tells J-14. "So i decided to pick the guitar and that was the beginning of my career in my eyes."
2. The pop artist recently dropped his first single "Too Young To Love" - a song that almost anyone can relate to as they grow up and learn what it's like to love. "We were two kids in love and our love was destroyed by the pressures of the world. Life caught up with us and pulled us both in different directions forcing us to make the decision that it was the wrong time for us and that we were too young," BoyEpic says. "I don't regret falling in love with her, I just wish it didn't end the way it did. Life is all about the people you meet and the experiences you have."
3. Two artists he would love to collaborate with include Chris Brown and "I Want You Back" singer Cher Lloyd. "She's dope and it would be cool to sing with her," he tells J-14.
4. Not only does music play a huge role in his life but he's also a fan of film making. For each video he plans to shoot a video for in order to paint the picture of the story being told.
5. What's next for BoyEpic? He plans to be working on his debut album and on the road touring throughout 2012. "I want to be able to give back to all my fans and support them as much as they've supported me," he says. "I kinda wanna give them all a big hug and say thank you."
Check out his lyric video for his latest single "Too Young To Love" and let us know what you think!
Photo: Courtesy of BoyEpic