J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around... and this week's pick is Alabama Capital!
Here are five things you need to know about Alabama Capital who are currently working on their debut album!
1. Cincinnati's 18-year-old twin duo Alabama Capital always knew they wanted to be singer-songwriters. "We've been playing music our whole lives. Our family is musical and we've grown up with music all around us. We've always kind of been jamming together but recently when we were sixteen we really got in to writing and playing together," Nathan tells J-14. "It's something we were born to do, because it's definitely built in. It's the passion that we have and we love doing it," Caleb adds.
2. Nathan and Caleb's last name is Montgomery, the capital of Alabama, which is how they decided on their duo name.
3. They best describe their sound as "very duo driven with lots of harmonies." "It's pop music, it's accessible, but it's real instrument driven," Nathan tells J-14. "We're singer-songwriters so we write a lot of our own music so it's authentic and true to us which is really important."
3. One artist they would love to collaborate with is singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. "That would be ridiculously awesome," Caleb tells J-14.
4. Two of Nathan and Caleb's favorite songs they've written are "Into You" and "Self Made Millionaire". Keep on the look out for their exclusive J-14 acoustic performance of "Into You" coming later this week!
5. Alabama Capital are very involved on YouTube from putting up original tracks to covering some of their favorite artists! One of their favorite cover songs that they've done is Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together".
Check out Alabama Capital's cover to Justin Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me" below and let us know what you think!
Photo: Courtesy of Nicole Mazza/J-14 Magazine