J-14 is scouting out the hottest music around... and this week's pick is 17-year-old DJ Danny Avila.
Here are five things you need to know about Danny Avila whose latest single "Breaking Your Fall" is out now!
1. Though Danny Avila is known for dropping dance beats as one of Madrid's youngest DJs, he's also been playing the piano since he was seven as well as the guitar. He was only 12-years-old when he decided to start mixing music from some of his favorite tracks. "I just loved it so much that I started working to buy better equipment and I started doing my own parties with my brother and that's basically how it all started," Danny tells J-14.
2. Danny has a diverse sound and unique style to his DJing, incorporating elements of dub-step, electro, and dance.
3. Danny's used to being slated as the "Justin Bieber of dance music". "I think its great that people compare me to Justin Bieber, some people say it in a bad way, but I think its great because Justin Bieber been working really, really hard," he says.
4. When he's not working on music, he loves wake-boarding and photography. In wake-boarding, he ranked 2nd in Spanish juniors, 8th in Europe and 12th in World Wakeboard Championships.
5. "Breaking The Fall" is his latest single and the one track that means the most to Danny. "It's progressive, it's melodic, it's also a bit commercial because it has vocals but it's also available being played in the club so it's a bit of everything," Danny tells J-14.
Check out the teaser video from "Breaking The Fall" below and let us know what you think!
Photo: Courtesy of Nicole Mazza/J-14 Magazine