Yesterday something horrific happened. An explosion occured at Liam Payne's luxury flat when his best friend Andy Samuels was filling up his patio heater and Liam immediately came to his rescue, saving his life. According to Andy's family, he would have been in a lot worse condition than he is if it wasn't for the One Direction star.
Andy has been in intensive care due to the amount of burns he suffered to his chest, legs and arms and Liam hasn't left his bedside once. Andy's father couldn't be more thankful, telling the Mirror, "We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life. The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames. Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly. What happened was absolutely awful. My son is very poorly. I’ve spoken to Liam on the phone and he told me exactly what happened. He is very shocked himself. It’s bad enough but it could have been a lot worse.”
Andy's 12-year-old sister, Harriet, also spoke out Liam's heroic efforts, saying, "I want to thank Liam for saving my brother.”
This is a hard time for everyone, but we're very happy he's healing and has a friend like Liam to stick by his side to make sure he's OK. If you want to leave a get well message for Andy, comment below!
Click through to see pictures of Liam and Andy's most fun moments as best friends!