So I laid it all on the line last week when I wrote about my insane love for the show Glee. (How many days until the next episode?!) So you could imagine my excitement when the last night's episode featured three of my favorite things in the world: Glee (duh), Britney Spears, and my celeb crush, John Stamos.
And the episode did not disappoint.
From Heather Morris (aka Brittany S. Pierce - brilliant!) getting her Britney Spears-on in "I'm A Slave 4 U" and "Me Against the Music" to John Stamos winning everyone over as charming dentist Dr. Carl Howell to cameos by Britney Spears herself, last night not only held the record as being the most watched episode of Glee ever, but also now holds my personal record as best episode thus far.
Here are my top five personal highlights:
1. The "Toxic" number - it was great to see Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) getting in on the action.
2. Brittany S. Pierce's hilarious one-liners including, but not limited to, "I was pretty sure Dr. Pepper was a dentist."
3. Rachel (Lea Michele) singing the only non-Britney song, Paramore's "Only Exception." Hayley Williams Tweeted, "Holy exception!!! Dear everyone on Glee - you rocked the our song! @msleamichele your voice was sick!! I love your version more haha!" I couldn't agree more.
4. Artie's (Kevin McHale) version of "Stronger." (And Finn's (Cory Monteith) sweet dance moves during it!)
5. All of Britney Spears' cameos. But more specifically, when Britney was talking about dipping pizza in ranch dressing because, well, I do the same. And it's awesome.
As I get a tear in my eye each week when I know the episode is over, I immediately perk up when I see the preview for the following week's episode. I can't wait to see what's going down with the Grilled Cheesus (which was trending on Twitter last night!) and what happen to Kurt's (Chris Colfer) dad -- I have a feeling that might bring real tears to my eyes.
Did you watch Glee last night? What were you favorite parts? Did the episode live up to its hype?