This is terrifying.
Police across the pond have confirmed that there are multiple fatalities following an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena. So far, few details are available. Fortunately, the 23-year-old was unscathed in the terrifying ordeal.
On Twitter, the Greater Manchester Police released a statement, writing, “Emergency services are currently responding to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena. There are a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured. Please AVOID the area as first responders work tirelessly at the scene. Details of a casualty bureau will follow as soon as possible.”
In a statement, Ari’s publicist confirmed her wellbeing, saying, “Ariana is OK. We are further investigating what happened.”
Police statement on incident at Manchester Arena pic.twitter.com/gaKASukx9a— G M Police (@gmpolice) May 22, 2017
Shortly after the explosion — which allegedly returned occurred around the time of the last song of the night — the bomb squad arrived on the scene.
“The lights came on after the gig and people were starting to leave. As I turned to the left there was an explosion. It was about 40 feet behind us near one of the exits. We just thought it was people messing about then it happened again — another explosion sounded,” David Richardson — who was attending the show with his 13-year-old daughter — told the Manchester Evening News. “Then we saw the smoke. Everyone just fled. Some people were injured. We saw blood on people when we got outside. People were just running all over the place. People have said it was a speaker or balloons but it wasn’t. It was explosions.”
Police in Manchester are still investigating.
Ariana — whose next stop on her Dangerous Woman tour is scheduled to take place at the O2 Arena in London on May 25 — has yet to address the terrifying ordeal. Our thoughts are with all the victims and their loved ones at this time.
This post originally appeared on In Touch Weekly.