You probably cried a million tears if you couldn’t make it to Riverdale’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend. After that heart-attack-inducing cliffhanger we’ve been starved for any tease of the next season, dying to know what’s going to happen to Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica (but mostly Jughead). And then, magically, the Riverdale season 2 trailer hit YouTube for our viewing pleasure, and suffice to say we are shook. SPOILERS AHEAD for those of you who don’t follow this show like it’s a religion (who even are you?)
When we last saw the Riverdale gang, they had just solved Jason Blossom’s murder thanks to a well-concealed USB flash drive. The video was horrific and heart-wrenching, but hey, at least that’s one mystery taken care of. Milkshakes all around! Varchie and Bughead parted ways to celebrate, uh, intimately, with Betty and Jughead getting interrupted by the Southside Serpents. Ugh, whatever. Cheryl low-key committed arson on her family estate in order to purify it, because she’s a freaking maniac but like, to be fair her family just decreased by half and she just learned her entire life is a lie. And the next day Archie, all a-glow, goes to meet up with his dad.
AND THEN LUKE PERRY GETS LEGIT SHOT.
Seriously, after all the crap our bbs went through, some masked figure just waltzed into Pop’s and shot Fred Andrews. Bye bye, last scraps of Riverdale’s innocence, it’s been real.
So yeah, tl;dr we’re pretty intrigued to climb up from this cliffhanger and see what happens next. So take a sip of all the upcoming season 2 drama with all the moments that had us legit screaming in the Riverdale season 2 trailer. And you know, feel free to rewatch the trailer yourself a trillion times.
1. When Archie has to carry his bleeding father through the hallways because omg.
2. And then the fam gets there and brings it in for a group hug.
3. And then we get a close-up of Archie's jacket and it is seriously too much to handle.
4. When Jughead quasi-accuses Arch of maybe withholding information.
5. When Betty's eyes look like they're about to explode out of her face.
6. When Archie starts wielding that baseball bat and looking freaked out AF.
7. When Pop launches into a monologue about Fred Andrews almost being murdered.
8. When Cheryl promises her mom that things will be better from now on but...
Need to overanalyze some more? Check it out again below!
Love Riverdale? Be sure to join our Riverdale Facebook group to continue the conversation.