On Monday, November 3, former X Factor judge Simon Cowell announced his plans to premiere X Factor The Band a competition show to find a new girl group and boy band.
But that’s not the crazy part! This news came just weeks after former X Factor girl group Little Mix took to Instagram to and announced their new TV series, called The Search, where Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall will be creating and mentoring new bands.
Little Mix’s show and Simon’s show are almost exactly the same! Can someone say drama?
Little Mix started when its members all auditioned as solo artists on The X Factor back in 2011, but Simon made them into an epic girl group and the rest became history. As fans know, in late 2018, the group split with Syco record label because of a falling out with management. Now, almost a year later, the former mentor and his protégées are totally still feuding.
On Sunday, November 2, the 60-year-old music producer spoke with The Sun revealed that he was initially asked to co-produce the girls’ upcoming series, but he actually came up with the idea for the series himself.
“This is what really happened,” he said. “I was approached to co-produce that show last year by Little Mix’s management. I told them the problem was we have a conflict of interest because we are launching X Factor The Band in 2020. We were told their show was going to launch in 2021. Then we had the fallout and find out Little Mix were bringing their show forward. Was that intentional because we are doing our show? I have no idea. But regardless, it was too much fun not to do this year. I would rather it was us doing it first.”
Love J-14? Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for fun, exclusive videos with your favorite stars.